Sunday, March 29, 2009

4 years full time and 6+ years part time

I had a brief conversation with the head of Interior Design at Winthrop University yesterday and it did not go as well as planned. Although I'm unsure he fully understood the point I wanted to get across, he did say that they have students who have been trying to get their Interior Design degree on a part time basis for over 6 years. 6 years??? I can't afford to work part time for 6 years at this point in my life. My ability to try to get my point across to him was limited because I was in the hallway at work. I realized half way through the conversation that a fellow employee was walking down the hall and I couldn't verbalize exactly what I wanted. My hope is that Winthrop will accept credits from my first semester at Virginia Tech and I can start second semester. If I am only taking design courses I basically will be attending on a part time basis. At least that's what it seems to me.

So after not making much progress, I will be moving forward with the application process. I'm taking this a step at a time and keeping my hopes high that, if accepted, I will be able to work with admissions to get through the program in 4 years.

1 comment:

Paula said...

What a great blog!

Have a nice time!
Paula